Lord Sutherland of Houndwood, Chairman of the Lords Science and Technology Sub-Committee on Systematics and Taxonomy, opened the debate on 25 March in the Grand Committee of the House of Lords, on the report by the Committee and the Government's response to the report.
- Lords Hansard: Systematics and Taxonomy (S&TC Reports)
- Report: Systematics and Taxonomy: Follow-up
- Report: Systematics and Taxonomy Follow-up: Government Response
- Parliament News: Committee reassert call for systematic biology support
- House of Lords Science and Technology Committee
Lords Select Committee reports are generally discussed either on the floor of the House (in the Chamber) or in Grand Committee. Any Member of the Lords can take part and a minister responds for the Government. The debate usually takes place once the Government has formally responded to the committee's recommendations.