“150 years of Darwin's Evolutionary Theory: a South American celebration” will gather internationally renowned evolutionary scientists in Punta del Este, Uruguay, on September 2-6, 2009.
The meeting is the single Latin American scale of the Darwin200 Symposia, organized by The International Union of Biological Sciences (IUBS), and will include keynote lectures, several symposia and poster sessions.
Confirmed keynote speakers:
* Giorgio Bernardi
* Daniel Dennett
* Douglas Futuyma
* Takashi Gojobori
* Eviatar Nevo
* Francisco Salzano
* Emile Zuckerkandl
Symposia to be held:
(chairs * and preliminary list of invited speakers)
- - Evolutionary Genomics and Molecular Evolution: Fernando Álvarez*, Hugo Naya*,Giorgio Bernardi, Gastón Gonnet, Olivier Gascuel and Pablo Goloboff
- - Evolutionary Physiology: Francisco Bozinovic*, Ernesto Gianoli, Carlos Navas, Pablo Sabat, Ariovaldo P. Cruz-Neto and Enrique Caviedes- Vidal
- - Viral Evolution: Juan Cristina*, Raul Andino and Eckard Wimmer
- - Paleontology and Evolution: Richard Fariña*, Sergio Martínez*, Sergio Vizcaíno and Laura del Río
- - Human Evolution: Monica Sans*, Francisco Salzano and Héctor Puccarelli
- - Darwinism and Society: Alción Cheroni* and Daniel Dennett
Abstract & Scholarship deadline: June 30th, 2009
A 150 Km horse back ride, following part of Darwin's path in Maldonado, will take place the two days before the meeting.
For more information on Abstract submission, Fellowships for Students, Registration and Housing, please visit our web site www.darwin200.edu.uy
You can also contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of the Organizing Committee