Computational Phyloinformatics is an 11-day intensive summer workshop co-sponsored by the Bioinformatics Center of Kyoto University, DBCLS/JST and NESCent, and will take place at the Bioinformatics Center in Kyoto, Japan following the SMBE 2011 meeting.
The workshop aims to give biologists practical knowledge and hands-on programming skills in phyloinformatics.
Instructors and Course Organizers
- Christian Zmasek (Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute; Functional Genomics with BioRuby)
- Karen Cranston (NESCent Training Coordinator)
- Rutger A. Vos (University of Reading; Phyloinformatics with BioPerl and Bio::Phylo)
- Susumu Goto (Bioinformatics Center, KEGG laboratory)
- Toshiaki Katayama (Human Genome Center, University of Tokyo)
- William H. Piel (Yale Peabody Museum; Phyloinformatics with SQL)