The IAPT announces a competitive grants program in plant systematics, with emphasis on funding students and young investigators in developing countries, but open to applicants world-wide. The program is based on the submission of research projects, taking into consideration the following guidelines:
1. The grant application period is open until 31 December 2010.
2. The award should be preferably used for supporting field work, travel to institutions, or laboratory investigations.
3. General information should be always included on the front page (complete name of the applicant, country, institution, project title, academic degree, telephone, fax and e-mail).
4. The projects should include brief ideas of an introduction, materials, methods, objectives, literature citation and other relevant information, especially noting if any other financial support for the project exists.
5. The length of the proposals should not exceed three pages.
6. In the case of Ph.D. students, in addition to the proposal, two recommendation letters should be included.
7. The projects are to be submitted to:
Patricia Dávila-Arandaor by regular mail:
preferably by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Facultad de Estudios Superiores, Iztacala, UNAM8. Applicants will be informed by e-mail of receipt of their proposals.
Av. de los Barrios no. 1
Los Reyes Iztacala, Tlalnepantla
Edo. de México 54090
9. The total amount to be awarded is: US$10,000.
10. The maximum individual award is US$1,000.
11. The awarded projects will be announced on the IAPT web page and by e-mail to all the applicants on March 1, 2011.
Deadline: 31 December 2010